Careful planning can help ensure your event runs smoothly from beginning to end. Use the following timeline as a guide to keep the planning process as stress-free as possible.
Two months to one year before the event
- Reserve date on key players’ calendars
- Reserve venue
- Reserve hotel rooms
- Book caterer
- Book entertainment if relevant
- Arrange for equipment:
- PA system
Four to six weeks before the event
One month before the event
- Meet with caterer to select menu, review venue setup, arrival time, etc.
- Confirm speakers
One week before the event
- Send caterer final count and vegetarian count
- Alert caterer to any attendees' food allergies
Day before the event
- Print name tags
- Print place cards or seating assignments
Day of the event
- Review with caterer: serving order, outline of event such as the timing of remarks, etc.
- Decorate and arrange materials at venue
- Test equipment such as audio/video
- Place welcome baskets in hotel rooms of guests