Request a Chancellor Communication
Public Affairs leads and coordinates executive communications on behalf of the Office of the Chancellor. Chancellor communications include speeches, videos, quotes for news releases or marketing materials, brochure or program messages and congratulatory letters. University officials and CCOs may submit a request for consideration.
Things to Know
- Public Affairs does not manage or coordinate chancellor appearances. If your request requires the chancellor to attend an event, please fill out the form at https://go.illinois.edu/srleaderrequest. It is best to do this as far in advance as possible.
- Clarifying the goals and vision for the communication is necessary to produce the best results.
- Chris Harris, Senior Director of Strategic Communications, coordinates all communications for the Office of the Chancellor. If you have questions or require more information, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although the chancellor is committed to supporting a variety of events at Illinois, not all requests can be approved due to scheduling, availability and other constraints.
Contact Public Affairs
If you would like to submit a request for a communication from the Chancellor, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Unit/College
- Your Chief Communications Officer
(if you don’t know your CCO, check our CCO directory)
- Date that the communication is needed
- A description of the goals, medium and audience for your proposed communication